We all like a challenge – so here is the Alpaca Tribe Quiz! See what you know already.
- How many toes does a Camel have?
- What is the group name for Llamas, Alpacas, Guanacos and Vicuna?
- What are the two types of alpacas?
- What is the nature of the land that is native to alpacas?
- What language do alpacas speak?
- How heavy is a bag of candy floss?
- What are baby alpacas called?
Answers in the podcast and below
A camel has two toes.
It's the same number of toes as an alpaca and a llama - they have two toes. They're pretty big and spread out, a pad rather than a hoof. They have nails too.
Camelids - or more precisely South American Camelids (SAC)
High plains in the Andes - altiplano
probably Spanish, though you could argue it is 'alpaca'
Huacaya fleece is fluffy like candy floss - you can expect to get 2kg of better quality fleece from each sheared animal.
Surprisingly, Suri fleece is heavier than Huacaya fleece. Suri also feels a little cold to the touch but is very lustrous.
a Spanish word meaning breeding, brood, offspring, or young. There is not a good direct translation